Welcome to UAF eCampus Instructional Design Team. Since you are new, we hope that the list below can help you with some of your questions (of which we are sure you have many).
Whom to contact for what:
- Owen Guthrie email@example.com, Executive Director and leader of the menagerie
General office matters:
- Donna Oyen firstname.lastname@example.org (Office Manager) for any info about HR, timesheets and travel; ordering general office supplies like pens or paper.
- Jennifer Young email@example.com purchasing requests and purchasing
- Brant firstname.lastname@example.org (Information Systems wizard) for your security codes; access to server (Orion) and other accounts; any computer hardware and software problems and acquisitions; computer set-up; help with conference room hardware/software; phone for your desk, Sales Force (procurement system as well as student tracking system); desktop support for staff, faculty, and students, equipment loans to faculty.
Responsible for recruiting, enrollment, registration, academic dates, advising, grades, university policies, proctored exams
- Tim Stickel email@example.com, Associate Director of Student Success
- Barb Paskvan firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to know about course schedules or student enrollments. Barb also enters new courses in Airtable. Airtable is the all-in-one flexible database used by eCampus.
- Jessica Armstrong email@example.com student recruiter
- Marissa Carl firstname.lastname@example.org – marketing and promotion
- Kim Runnion email@example.com if you need to know the numbers for student enrollments, questions about registration or anything banner-related or anything about how eCampus works.
- Faith Fleagle firstname.lastname@example.org is the the Exam Services manager
- Brighton Brooks email@example.com is our academic advisor
- Sara Spindl firstname.lastname@example.org and Kendra Garn email@example.com are our front desk and testing center folks and handle incoming calls and students, faculty, or others that enter our physical domain. They also handle all of the proctored exams as well as national testing.
- Alexis Carstens firstname.lastname@example.org, is the Student Success Coordinator
- Misti Hopkins email@example.com in our dual enrollment coordinator and works with NorthStar Middle College and the Advantage program. Her office is within the Middle College. We don’t see her often but she’s still a part of our unit!
- Amy Bristor firstname.lastname@example.org is the Alaska Advantage Coordinator and is responsible for administration of the dual-enrollment Advantage program.
Responsible for development and consultation with faculty; pedagogy, outcomes, assessment, quality improvement of online courses; tech and tools recommendations; equipment loans
Associate Director of Teaching and Learning Madara Mason email@example.com
- Kendell Newman Sadiik firstname.lastname@example.org – Faculty Development Manager – all faculty development planning, storytelling, teaching pedagogy, inclusiveness and diversity.
- Jenn Pedersen email@example.com – Course & Program Manager – Course development process and assignments and Open Labs
- Christen Bouffard firstname.lastname@example.org – anything and everything, including virtual worlds, geography and maps, graphic design, web site architecture and navigation, Adobe. Currently iTeachU lead.
- Sean Holland email@example.com – video and audio, nerd stuff. edX Lead.
- Nathan Feemster firstname.lastname@example.org Blackboard faculty support, creating dev shells, preflights checks, Airtable and supporting logistics of courses from one semester to the other
- Dan Lasota email@example.com – WordPress programming, programming, games, distance.alaska.edu site, pedagogy and research, master of bizarre facts
- Elle Fournier firstname.lastname@example.org – newest Instructional designer! With a background in writing, online teaching and research in digital literacy.
- Sarah Sanders email@example.com – tied for newest designer! Responsible for for LMS management and data tracking
- Janene McMahan firstname.lastname@example.org – website programming, eCampus website, QM Coordinator for UAF; Currently iTeach Lead
- Jennifer Moss email@example.com – graphic design, Adobe, WordPress programming/admin (community.uaf.edu, open.uaf.edu), web design, augmented reality. Current CITE lead.
- Clara Noomah firstname.lastname@example.org, STEM, Accessibility Team Lead
- Karina Gonzales email@example.com anything that faculty need that is outside the actual development of a course (like training with UAonline, how to withdraw someone, and other classroom management things while a course is being offered). Karina sends out semester update form and coordinates with new-to-eCampus instructors. She promotes fac dev events and communicates faculty-related information. Karina also coordinates textbook orders between instructors and the bookstore. Current Teaching Tips lead.
- Eric Lonn firstname.lastname@example.org is our New Studio Media Production Designer – all things media studio and video
- Joe Jackson and Mika McCrary are temp staff supporting media production
- Buck Barbieri and Max Treece-Noran Media Studio Producers (students)
- Kernell Snow Assistant Website Developer and works closely with Marissa and Janene. (student)
- Shayla Sackinger is our Graphic Designer and works closely with Christen (student)
- VACANT Accessibility Design Assistant and works closely with Sean and Clara (student)