A PR form has to be completed and be approved prior to any purchases being made (equipment, office supplies, software, printing, books, etc). We are using Sales Force as our PR generator and for approval process. Get with Brant to access Sales Force. Get with Jennifer Young for a tutorial on how to use the PR system. When you submit a PR it automatically goes up the chain for approval. If you don’t hear an approval within a few days, check with Madara. When the purchase gets approved, Jennifer will notify you and make the purchase for you or give you the card to make the purchase. When you receive the order confirmation receipt and again when the item arrives, add the receipt and packing slip documents to Sales Force.
- Just as with purchasing, any travel has to be approved first. Complete the travel information in our Travel Request document (in Design Team Drive in IDT Administrative folder). Directions for completing the form are within the document. Be sure to include a link to the conference agenda and clear justification of why this is important to you/beneficial to the team.
- Notify Madara by email when you’ve filled out a request.
- When it has been approved, create the PR for conference fees.
- Once it is approved work with Donna to make airline reservations and purchase your airplane ticket (through Concur). Other expenses may either be paid up front by the office or reimbursed to you once the travel is completed (mostly pertains to items that can’t be prepaid like per diem or taxi/transportation). Be sure to let Donna know which items you’d like eCampus to pay for in advance.
- IMPORTANT: While you are traveling, save all car rental, hotel, parking receipts so you can be reimbursed for them after you get back. In most cases, you’ll be given a set per diem rate for the community you are visiting so it isn’t necessary to save meal receipts. If the conference provides any meals as part of the registration fee, you won’t be given per diem for that meal.
- Once you return from your trip, finalize your expense report in with Donna to receive any kind of reimbursement.
- You can set-up a Direct Deposit service for travel reimbursing through your UAOnline account. After logging in -> Financial Information -> Direct Deposit Services -> First time setup of direct deposit. IMPORTANT: this Direct Deposit service is DIFFERENT than one you have set up for your PAYCHECK when you were hired.
UAF Travel regulations and Per Diem rates.
Official Leave Requests (“Stuff that Goes on Your Timesheet”)
- Submit your AL (annual leave) requests to your supervisor.
- Supervisors will reply back to you and cc: Donna. “Approved” for AL or “Noted” for SL.
- Donna will add LEAVE to the office leave calendar.
- Mark your own personal calendar.
- Your email subject line should be “Leave‘ and the text should include:
- Type of Leave (AL, SL, Personal)
- Date(s) or Time (if partial day)
Off-Site (OS) Time
See eCampus OS guidelines and eCampus OS Request form. (These forms require log-in to view.) We revisit OS days at the beginning of each semester so that Designers have an opportunity to change things if needed. The day you choose will be your OS day until the following semester. Working OS is not required, BTW, only optional.
Full Day OS Policies
- NO switching, if something prevents you from being OS then you’re out of luck.
- Your OS work time must fall within normal business hours (somewhere between 7am and 6 pm)
- You are accountable for your worktime, meaning that you must attend meetings (remotely), meet deadlines, and produce or contribute normally.
- You MUST BE AVAILABLE on Google Chat (Hangouts)/Slack or your OS time gets revoked. Your *green light MUST be on for the entire day and you should respond to any Design Team chats in a reasonable time frame. We will be checking in without warning on this issue and will be using a “two strikes and you’re out” rule of thumb. Alternatively, you may make yourself available via the Double, but please make sure that it isn’t being used for remote Open Lab attendance first.
Ordering Food for Faculty Development Events
Emergency Plan (evacuating the building)
- UAF eCampus Directory – located in GoogleDocs; requires log in with your UA google account.